Thursday, May 29, 2008

Crowsnest Pass, What are our neighbours up to?

To keep my readers informed here are some different issues other southern Alberta communities are dealing with.

Town Considers Car Smoking Ban OKOTOKS -- Drivers may soon be forced to butt out when ferrying children, thanks to a ban set to be debated by town council this week.

Town Eyes Sorting Recyclables BANFF -- Town administration will be applying to access funds through the Waste Management Assistance Program for a container sort line after town council unanimously approved the idea. (Banff Crag and Canyon)

Cat Licensing Considered PINCHER CREEK -- The town may consider a bylaw to license pet cats. (Pincher Creek Echo)

Water Reductions Considered LETHBRIDGE -- A community group will ask city council to implement a water conservation bylaw. (Lethbridge Herald)


Any comments on any of these or any other issues you would like to talk about you can place you thoughts on this page or email me at deanward4@msn.com

1 comment:

gpconservative said...

When I read about vehicle smoking bans I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
Lots I could say about that, but I what I find interesting is some drunk, cracked out, female smoker in labour on the way to the hospital can shove whatever she wants into her unborn child.But don't smoke in the car with the child on the way home, or you will be fined.