Friday, January 14, 2011

Water Meters, what my readers think.

Interesting out of 46 votes my poll received:

18 or 39% said No to Water Meters
10 or 21% said Yes as long as I do not have to pay for them
4 or 8% said Yes at any cost
6 or 13% said Yes if I can pay for them over a year
8 or 17% said Yes if I can pay for them over 5 years.

I know this is not a scientific poll, but never the less it certainly reflects that water meters are going to be a very contentious issue, where council is going to have to do a very good job of educating the public as to the real purpose of water meters.

Will it be a method of conservation or will it become an additional source of revenue for the municipality?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They will start out taxing the heavy users, maybe the worse 5%.
Slowly but surely the level will drop every year.
By the fifth year we will all be paying.
The politicians/administrators will not be able to resist the temptation. (Dollars)

Larry

Anonymous said...

Water meters are necessary. People abuse our natural resource - one we all take for granted. But I am not sure if I'm willing to pay for a meter to be installed. I suppose I will if I must, but due to budget constraints, it has to be done over a long period